Saturday 18 June 2011

Chocolate chip mini muffins
























It was raining all day yesterday. The rain was so heavy that it was hard to leave the house. I had to keep my almost 5 year old occupied. So I reached for, I think classic, Nigella's chocolate chip muffin recipe from this web site.  Those muffins are extremely easy to make and their flavour is divine.  I had to reduce the amount of ingredients I used, in half. First of all I did not have enough chocolate chips in a cupboard and secondly we really should not eat so much muffins ;). I baked them in mini muffin tin and instead 6 big ones I had 18 mini muffins. I do not have to mention that there are no leftovers.

Ingredients for 18 mini muffins:
  • 140g flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 tbsp cocoa
  • 80g caster sugar
  • 100g chocolate chips
  • 150 ml milk
  • 60 ml sunflower oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste




Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease mini muffin tin.

In a big bowl sift the flour, baking powder, soda, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chips mix them together.
In a measuring jug pour the milk, oil and egg. With fork whisk them together, add vanilla. Pout this mixture into already prepared dry ingredients mixture. Combine all ingredients. Spoon the batter into muffin tin. Bake 15-20 min. Check with toothpick if batter is baked in the middle. Place on wire rack to cool down.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment