Saturday 11 June 2011

Spicy banana and wheat bran mini muffins























These muffin's are originally called Peter's favourites muffins. I found the recipe on this website. Peter, author's nephew loved them since he was a small boy. I decided to try if my girls would like them too. This time my muffins are mini size which help my youngest to hold one in her palms. I know, I know... that these are sweets again, but at least there is some fibre in them. Muffins are very tasty, fluffy and sweet.

Ingredients for 18 mini muffins:
  • 90g flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp mixed spice
  • 45g brown sugar
  • 20g wheat bran *
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 60 ml warmed milk
  • 25g butter
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1 egg
* originally it should be bran flakes, but I ate them for breakfast so replaced them with wheat bran. I think it did not change the flavour only texture of these muffins was slightly different 

Heat up the oven to 200C. Spray mini muffin tin with baking spray or grease muffin holes.

The flour, baking powder, salt, spices, sugar, wheat bran place in a big bowl and combine all together.

Wit a fork mash the banana, set aside. Beat the egg, set aside. Warm up the milk in microwave and add the soda, set aside. Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Pour wet ingredients into mixture of dry one, combine them. Fold in the banana and egg.
Spoon the batter into muffin tin holes. Bake for 10-12 min. Cool down on wire rack.
Little tester

No comments:

Post a Comment