Monday 18 November 2013

Cinnamon, courgette, carrot and cranberry muffins

I have recently came across this interesting recipe. And because I had all necessary ingredients home I gave it a try immediately. I was especially happy to use frozen cranberries as I had a pack of them in my freezer for ages. Muffins were very tasty. Soft, moist, not too sweet a little bit sour  with lovely crust. I think one of my favourite. What more important my children eat them despite the fact they were packed with vegetables.

Ingredients for 12 big or 24 smaller muffins:
  • 320g flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 220g sugar
  • 230 ml canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 medium size carrot about 80 g
  • 1 medium size courgette 180g
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 120g frozen cranberries





Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.



Finely grate the carrot and courgette.


Place the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg ans sugar in a big bowl and mix all ingredients together. 


In separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour this mixture in a  bowl with grated veggies add frozen cranberries and mix. Add everything into a dry ingredients. Mix everything until just combined.

Spoon the batter into paper cases, about 3/4 full. 


Bake 25 - 30 minutes. When ready remove form the oven. Let the muffin cool for a few minutes in baking tin then transfer to the wire rack to cool down completely.  

Repeat with remaining batter.


Enjoy ! 


For recipe in Polish look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment