Monday 24 February 2014

Healthy seeds muffins

There were bags of rye, barley flakes, some sunflower seeds, linseed ... in my cupboard. I had no idea what to do with them until I came across this website.   I have baked those muffins immediately. They were rich, dense and chewy. Ideal for busy day breakfast. And of course following  the advice of the author of this recipe I used what was in my cupboard so my recipe is slightly different then the original one. 
I would recommend them to everybody.

  Ingredients for 10 -12 muffins:
  • 80g porridge oats
  • 100g rye flakes
  • about 280 ml hot milk
  • 100g barley flakes
  • 35g oat flakes
  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbsp linseed
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 20g almonds chunks
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • pinch of salt
 Place the 80g of porridge oats and rye flakes in a bowl and pour in the hot milk. Set aside to soak.

In a big bowl place the barley flakes, oat flakes, sunflower seeds, linseed, sesame seeds, almond chunks, sugar, salt and mix them together.

Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.
Into a bowl with dry ingredients add the soaked flakes, the eggs and honey and stir them together. 

Spoon this thick batter into paper cases up to the top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes. When baked transfer to the wire rack and leave them to cool down slightly. I prefer them warm but cold are fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment