Wednesday 29 June 2011

Dulce de leche muffins

This recipe comes from Purple Cookie blog.  It was very easy to make these delicious muffins. I try not to count calories of these muffins, as I have already ate two of them. They  are very soft and spongy with crunch topping. Unfortunately mine turn out flat in comparison to the original. Probably because I used double cream instead of heavy one. And pecans, which should decorate muffins' tops, sank in the batter, luckily it did not change the taste of those divine muffins. And last but not least, I should have bake 15, not 12. When I divided the batter among 12 muffin cases it was too much of it and it leaked during baking. I have to remember all of this as I definitely will make them again. 
































Ingredients for 12, or rather 15 muffins:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 160g sugar
  • 250 ml heavy cream (I used double cream)
  • 220g flour
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 200g +12 tsp dulce de leche
  • 100g chopped pecans or chocolate chips (I mixed 40g pecans and 60g chocolate chips )
Chop the pecans and set aside. Mix the flour with baking powder and set aside. 
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line muffin tin with large muffin cases.

With electric mixer beat the eggs and sugar until pale. Add half of the cream and all amount of dulce de leche mix until even in colour. Gently fold in the flour mix. At the end pour the remaining cream. The batter will have thick cream consistency. Spoon the batter evenly to the muffin cases. Sprinkle  each muffin top with pecans and chocolate and add one spoon of dulce de leche. Bake for 25-30 min. Check with toothpick if batter is baked in the middle. Cool them down on wire rack. Enjoy :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment