Saturday 2 July 2011

Seed muffins

It was lazy Saturday morning. I was wondering what to prepare for breakfast when I found interesting recipe for seed muffins on this web site. As I had all ingredients at home I decided to bake them immediately. I would not be myself  if I did not change this recipe a little. I partly swapped plain flour with wholegrain one, and added more seeds on the top. Those muffins turn out to be a little dry, so I would recommend to slice them and spread with butter and eat with some vegetables. I believe that seed lovers would fully enjoy them.   
























Ingredients for 7 muffins:
  • 2 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 25g pumpkin seeds
  • 80g wholegrain flour
  • 100g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 30g grated cheese (I used mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese)
  • 1 egg
  • 125ml milk
  • 60g melted butter
  • 1 tbsp sesame and sunflower seeds to sprinkle on the top
All seeds place on frying pan and roast them as long as sesame seeds tour out brownish and set aside to cool down.
Preheat the oven to 210C. Grease muffin tin.

Sift the flours, baking powder, salt and cheese into big bowl and whisk them together.
Break the egg into separate bowl and whisk it with fork, pour milk into the egg and whisk together. Melt the butter. When the butter cools down pour it into dry ingredients mixture along with milk mixture. Combine all ingredients. Spoon the batter into muffin tin. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 20 min. Check with toothpick if batter is baked in the middle. Cool down on wire rack. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment