Friday 22 July 2011

Raisin and rum muffins

























When I found recipe for rum and raisin muffins I just had to try it. Muffins were a little bit thick but filled with rum raisins were moisture enough to break dryness of the dough. And, what is a good news for all rum lovers, the rum aroma was perfect. As far as I am concerned, they came out tasty but not indulging. They reminded me rather raisin buns than muffins. In my opinion they were not sweet enough, so next time I will add more sugar than recommended  2 tbsp. All in all, I think I will bake them again in future :)     

Ingredients for 10 muffins:
  • 280g flour
  • 2 tbsp cane sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 100g raisins
  • 120 ml rum
  • 1 egg
  • 180 ml milk
  • 80g melted butter
Chocolate cover:
  • 3/4 bar dark chocolate
  • 3 tbsp milk
Put the raisins into bowl pour the rum and leave overnight.

Next day. Preheat oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.

Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and combine. Melt down the butter, when it is cooled down add milk and egg and whisk with fork. Pour the wet mixture into dry ingredients add soaked raisins and rum leftovers. With a fork combine all ingredients together. Spoon the batter into paper cases. Bake for 20-25 min.
In a meantime melt down the chocolate stirring continuously add the milk. Pour the chocolate mixture over warm muffins. Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment