Friday 8 June 2012

Strawberry shortcake muffins

When I read this recipe I had to try it immediately. I was very curious to taste muffins without flour and eggs. I know there is an egg in original recipe but I wanted to bake traditional shortcake. Those muffins were really nice.  Soft and moisture with crunchy crust, really nice. 

Ingredients for 6-8 muffins:
  • 145g porridge oats
  • 135g thick yogurt
  • 100g sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp soda
  • 85g fresh diced strawberries + some for decoration
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat the oven  to 180C. Grease silicone muffin cases. 

Dice the strawberries into smaller chunks.

Put the oats, yogurt, sugar baking powder, soda and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until oats are smooth. When ready fold in strawberries.

Spoon the batter into muffin cases 3/4 full. Place small pieces of strawberries on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let them  cool down and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment